IMMIGRATION & ENFORCEMENT
MIGRATION & IMMIGRATION TASK FORCE
Diocese of California
The Episcopal Church
PURPOSE & OUTLINE
"Comprehensive Immigration Reform"
the desire to manage population inflows and outflows.
At the same time, it seeks to respect the dignity and contributions of
those who have immigrated to this country, whether or not they have met the
requirements and procedures for entry and/or residence.
The issues are huge, and here we hope
to give you ready references to the debate and
to the reasons and means for you to advocate
for comprehensive immigration reform.
EPISCOPAL CHURCH - POLICY & ADVOCACY
Episcopal Public Policy Network:
"represent the social policies
of the church established by the General Convention and Executive Council,"
including immigration and other issues of social justice.
News, information, alerts.
(Click on "Immigration and Migration Policy Resource")
Episcopal Diocese of California:,
Migration & Immigration Task Force
- 2006 Resolution to implement General Convention Resolution A017.
- 2007 Resolution to outline action on behalf of undocumented immigrants.
- Additionally, immigration issues, Episcopal policies, resolutions;
power point presentations, etc.
Episcopal responses to immigration issues:
Search for "episcopal" &
"immigration" Diocesan responses: add "diocese" to search.
INFORMATION ON THESE WEBSITES MAY BE INACCURATE OR OUTDATED.
For reliable information, contact an attorney or qualified specialist.
Things change so fast and are often so unclear, you may want to seek other
opinions. Contact a immigration attorney or certified representative before
making any decisions about a specific immigration case.
Please note: Sources are in alphabetical order.
- American Friends' Service Committee: Includes "directory of the
principal national groups ... relating to immigrant and refugee
communities," includes other faiths:
- Christians for Comprehensive Immigration Reform: coalition of
Christian organizations, churches, and leaders ...:
- Episcopal Public Policy Network: Calls to action,
English/Spanish immigration news & information:
- Episcopal, Unofficial: Church policy & documents,
English and/or Spanish:
- Interfaith Immigration Coalition: News,
information, calls to action. Home of the Interfaith Immigration
Platform. Links to the many faith communities participating:
- America's Voice: "conducts cutting edge public opinion research,
undertakes public education and provides comprehensive media analysis
on the current state of the immigration debate.":
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA): "to promote public
understanding of immigration law and policy through education, policy
analysis, and support to litigators," includes some bilingual
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center: "Promoting, educating &
empowering immigrants and their advocates," includes bilingual (Eng/Sp)
"help for immigrants"/"ayuda para inmigrantes" and downloadable "handbook
for immigrant youth":
- National Council of La Raza (NCLR): Bi-lingual (Eng/Sp) information
& resources - see "immigration" under "NCLR's Work - Topics, Programs,
- National Immigration Forum: "advocates and builds public support
for public policies that welcome immigrants and refugees and are fair
to and supportive of newcomers to our country":
- National Immigration Law Center (NILC): "A leading expert on
immigration, public benefits, and employment laws affecting immigrants
- National Lawyers Guild (NLG), National Immigration Project:
"working to defend and expand the rights of all immigrants in the
United States," includes bilingual (Eng/Sp):
- FAIR (Federation for American Immigration Reform): A major opponent:
- Minutemen Civil Defense Corps, Border Operation Headquarters:
"To secure the borders":
- Numbers USA "... help you influence Congress to turn away
from policies forcing a more and more congested and regimented future
for our country, our children and our grandchildren.":